2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, February 23, 2015

Lunar New Year Hotpot Party

This is my fourth Lunar New Year’s Eve in the States. Without any fireworks and lucky money, inevitable homesick always occur during this period.  When I saw my friends post their picture about having reunion dinner with their family, watching Spring Festival Gala together or visiting Flower Street, I wept aloud. But Holy Spirit fills with my emptiness. With the love of Lord, I can clearly feel He is touching me, comforting me, and hugging me.
New Year Party also eliminates my homesickness.  Last Saturday, one of my Bible Study group leaders Hang hosted a hot pot party. There were up to 30 participants attended. There were both spicy and non-spicy bases for Hot Pot. It reminds me of my family. I also had hot pot together with my family during the Lunar New Year. We had many selections of food for hot pot, such as vegetable, beef slice, shrimp, Chinese mushroom, meat ball, Udon and Lotus Root. Before we had our meal, we gathered together in a circle and thanked God for the food we had tonight. Subsequently, we enjoyed our feast.  
After dinner, one of our leaders Mark shared a short message about Salvation. Then we had a fun time chatting to each other.
Thanks Lord for bringing those amazing leader to my life, which makes me feel at home. Yes! That’s the reason why the name of our Bible Study is called “You home away from home”.

Happy Lunar New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment