2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, May 30, 2016

Thankful for This Year of Growth in Christ

Two weeks ago, I gave my final presentation for my experience as an ISEEDer this year. I am very thankful for the experience I got this year, and there are several highlights:

-I have been equipping and learning a lot of how to be faithful and be a good witness in the workplace. In the past, it has always been hard for me to understand how to honor God in professional work. So my mentor and I did a Bible study on finding all the verses about "honoring God" in Bible, what surprises me a lot is there are very few verses about "honoring God", but many scriptures about "God's honor", it hits me that I finally understand God does not want me to think how to do things to gain His please, but to please Him by living as a good witness wherever I am and always be open to let God transform me in different places in life.

-I had the privilege to have 1-1 discipleship with two girls this year. In the beginning, I felt tired sometimes and always trying to think how to help them and become nervous of not "teaching" them enough. But my mentor told me something that I have been reminding myself a lot, that is "we are just happen to be available and present, and it is God who is doing the work in their hearts", yes, what a big relief and humbling experience!

-I have also personally grown a lot this year, this internship has definitely provided me the flexibility to have more time to get deeper study into the words and allow God to work through some hard parts in my heart.

-And I am very thankful for our apprentice/intern fellowship this year. We have different personalities, but together, we experienced the close fellowship in Christ. And I am also very thankful for all my good supervisors, especially my mentor.

Overall, it's just 11 months, but it feels like a lot! And I am looking forward to the next step with the Lord! God is faithful! Please keep praying for my spiritual growth and deeper intimacy with Christ for the future life!

No comments:

Post a Comment