2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, September 26, 2016

A life well spent



Our assignment for today’s ISEED meeting was to draw our life map. It is a way to put down into images our heritage, important events, people who influenced out path, high points, hard times and the experiences where we were able to see God’s hand at work.
So, yesterday I took some time, reluctantly, to do it. “Why reluctantly?” you ask? Because the point was not only to put black on white my life, but also be ready to share it with the others. You see, we all have things in our past that we don’t like, things that we wish never happened, things that let us burst into tears, but while thinking to all these a verse came into my mind:

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.  (Rom.8:28)
God is sovereign, He is in control. He used all of these things to make me the woman I am. There was not a moment when He was far, not a second when He looked at me with disappointment, but in each step of my life He was there waiting for me to choose Him, to walk with Him, to ask for His guidance.
Through the map I could clearly see the amazing people placed in the crucial turning points of my life, the growth that the terrible moments brought, the strong friendships born from the ashes of the betrayals and disappointments. I saw God’s grace toward me, the numerous gifts that I have received, and felt the joy and peace in serving Him. I know that if Christ is the center, this is a life well spent!

What do you see when you look back? Have you admired God’s work of art in your life? I hope this post will make you stop and acknowledge His goodness and the great plan He has for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment