2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, October 31, 2016

A meal with Jesus and friends


 I just started reading a book named A Meal with Jesus. I learned that the word “companion” comes from the Latin word “cum” (“together”) and “panis”(“bread”). I really like the idea to share a meal and time with friends.

My church (Linworth Road Church) held ten Chinese students this year and we had a luncheon reunion in the church after the service on Oct.23rd. Around twenty church members (most of them are IFI volunteers) and six students came, and I talked with three of the students and I was happy to find that they had already got used to the life and study in the US. Even though I just had a short time to talk with the students and we did not have chance to go deep to spiritual topics, I think the conversations were still meaningful for building up relationships. We everyone showed kindness and love to them; we told them that we want to learn more about them and we said we are willingness to help them if they are in need. I even added one of the students through Wechat and offered to bring her to grocery stores in the future. When I see these students it always reminds me the time when I first came to the state. My host family picked me up in the airport and always invited me over for holidays meals, which quickly gave me a feeling of closeness to the city and the church. I really hope somehow I can also do the same thing to the students.

During this lunch, I also got to know one church member and her two cute baby girls. We talked about the autumn festivals in both America and China. I really enjoyed this meal with friends and the love behind it.



No comments:

Post a Comment