2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, February 24, 2014

Group pride

Last Thursday we were talking about pride vs. humility during our training session and Karen shared about racial prejudice.
I was quite shocked when I heard that the first intern in IFI knelt down in front of her world history class classmates to ask for forgiveness of what her country had done during World War II. That led me to some other thoughts. Her humility gave me a refreshment about what humility is about.

Well, pride...It is not just I consider myself better than the others..
I think I am good/humble/religious....
Have you heard of group pride? I think there is one...
We think our country is good. We are PROUD of our country...It is not wrong to love our country but if we look down upon other countries, that kills. Don't ever think we only need to deal with our personal pride.

I have been thinking about "Put no confidence in your flesh". I am surrounded by a world that put so much confidence in the flesh. I have known someone who said "I don't believe in God or Buddha, I rely on myself..." Pride prevents people from knowing God! Also, before coming to the US, someone around me told me not come to the US because of how great China is doing and how much more opportunity I will have if I stay in China. Oh well. I didn't say anything because I didn't know what to respond. Now, reflecting back to what I have experienced, it is worthy to come here to gain my education, and know God. Hopefully the group pride didn't work.

Pride destroys. Keep a humble heart and be ready to be proven wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment