2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Mark 6:1-6

Today, I am reading Mark 6:1-6.


Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. When the Sabbath came,he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed.
“Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing? Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph,[a] Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.
Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.” He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. He was amazed at their lack of faith.

I realized I made the same mistake as those townspeople did. When I was writing a letter to my potential donors, I saw my friend's name. I knew that he was saving money so I told Estera that whether I sent him a letter or not. Estera said she had the same kind of concern before but Rich told her, "You don't know what will happen..(Something similar)". During fundraising, I made lots of prejudgment before I did it. However, I probably was limiting God's work because of my prejudgment based on my feeling or my association with the people I am asking for funds.


Jesus could not do any miracles there because they were skeptical about his authority. Hey, I don't want God to not be able to do a miracle on me as well~I want god to be amazed by my faith instead of my lack of faith~

Sum it up:

By Amity

No comments:

Post a Comment