2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Be inspired and change your perspective




I am touched when I saw the passion flowing in the APTE Summit. They are using social business and connecting with resources and capitals to alleviate poverty. Brilliant and creative! They address social problems like sanitation in Africa. Other than the topic itself, I did learn a lot from the speakers about social business and was inspired to take action. I will share here.


"A for-profit business with the heart and soul of a non-profit...it just feels right to do right". I had some ideas about taking the community into better direction and I didn't realize how people's comments gradually tore down my ideas. Without experience, we as recent graduates feel so hard to take action on something big. A speaker shared "The best way to learn is to start by doing." 

What action am I going to take? Let's first see what God has to say:  "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." Yes, I am going to be faithful in small things and wait for God to give bigger assignment. 

-Begin by changing myself. 
-Love people around me. 
-Be conscientious at my work. 
-Use my talent in a way God is pleased with. 
-Speak the word that build people up. 
-Give.  
-Smile and be grateful.
-Be social minded and pray for opportunity.
etc....

I am thankful that Phil asked us several questions afterwards. What is your purpose here? Why are you an IFI intern? What can you do? 

I think, for me as a Data Intern, I would like to see IFI have more clean data LOL and I am looking for ways to improve that. I pray that my work can bring the glory to God. Pray that God gives me the wisdom. I want to see people come to Christ and bring the good news back to more people. I want to be a witness for God by acting my faith. I want to be motivated by love, thanksgiving, and delight to serve God. 


























I don't want the thoughts just run away as time goes by. Don't be motivated for just a moment. Keep the inspiration going :) It is about passion !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment