2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, March 24, 2014

Reflection on Alleviating Poverty Through Entrepreneurship Summit 2014

On March 22nd, 2014, I attended the Alleviating Poverty Through Entrepreneurship (ANTE) Summit 2014 with Lexie and Amity. This event was to present entrepreneurs with their vision, business model, as well as their endeavor to break the poverty circle.

(http://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/2011/05/26/global-poverty-action-fund-open-for-applications/)

God has blessed my life with material abundance. I could not imagine how life would be if I were one of the people there that suffer from poverty. While I felt gracious, I also sighed for the suffering people. God loves every human being equally. If it's a true statement, why would some people have less or even none, whereas some have many or even everything? This question has been on my mind even before I believe that God exist. In fact, it was one of the biggest huddles for me to put faith in Him.

After attending this event, I feel amazed how people could put their talent into utilization and vision into reality. We know that God created each one of us with unique gifts and inspires us with little things that happen in our lives. This combination defines our destiny, which is made suitable and perfect by God. These entrepreneurs have their destinies - alleviating poverty.

Love your neighbor as yourself. It is God's commandment. He also had prepared us to fulfill this commandment, by giving us talents and visions. For the entrepreneurs in this specific event, the "neighbors" that God made them to love in particular, is the poor. By creating good values through business, with their talents and visions, they give the poor love and better lives.

What gifts had God given me? What is His vision for me? Who does He want me to love in particular to best fulfill his plan for my life? I can see a blurry blueprint of my life unfolding in front of me. I'm patient and awaiting His further message.

No comments:

Post a Comment