2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Sunday, September 28, 2014

First arrive at Columbus

“Yuemin, I will miss you! Take care of yourself!”
“Remember to call me when you feel lonely in Columbus!”

After my graduation from University of Cincinnati, with the fully blessings from my lovely friend, I start my IFI intern journey to Columbus. When I was heading to Columbus, there was a lot of uncertainty came up to my brain: What the life in Columbus will be? Will I get along with the people in Columbus? Will my host family accept my character? I drove on the I 71 highways with tons of question marks, excitement and a little doubt.

Once I arrived at Gene and Phyl’s house, they showed their hospitality to me and helped me to settle down. I felt full of welcome and it decreased my doubt. They just like my mom and dad. We had a wonderful potato and salad for our light dinner.

On the following two weeks, there are seven temporarily housing students living in Greene’s house. I assist Gene and Phyl to host them and help them as much as I can. I took one of the students Rui to purchase her laptop and also took all of them to Easton shopping center. I am so pleased that they feel welcome when they first came to United States, just like I feel welcome when I first arrived at Greene’s house.  I also appreciate Alan and he shows his huge interest in Bible study and Sunday church service.  I assure that God has his right timing to let Alan come to Christ someday in the future.

Throughout these hosting activities, I have learnt to show my mighty hospitality to the people to need it, especially the students who first come to another country. Warmly welcome will remit their insecure and help them adjust to a new environment. Just like God loves me unconditionally. 


No comments:

Post a Comment