2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A royal diadem in the hand of God

This post is from Angelique:

As most people would agree, moving to a new place always comes with its challenges, dislikes and likes. With that said, moving here to Columbus, OH made me taste each one of the above-listed experiences.

To say the least, Columbus has been a self-discovery place in several ways. I moved up here feeling like some “damaged good” that needed to be either thrown away or kept in a place for it to regain “life”. But, over the course of the days, I have been getting made “brand new” in various ways; thanks to the wonderful people God has been surrounding me with since the first day I got here. I would like to thank God for providing me with a wonderful host family (David and Mai Duff and their lovely daughters Hannah and Sarah). Their home is been my home away from home. They are loving, caring and fun people. Their humility has personally touched me .Mai serves as an example to me in so many ways. She has infused my heart with compassion and love for others. I do not know what your story is but mine, in a nutshell, is that “I have experienced God’s greatness birthed in my brokenness and disappointments”. What I have often looked at as “hardest times of my life” have brought forth delight and a sweet-surrendered dependence on God’s unconditional love. I truly believe that my eyes would not have been opened to see God’s greatness had I not took off this year and invest it in the ISEED program. God is surely using this year to reveal his goodness to me.

I just cannot wait to see all the wonderful plans/things HE has in store for me unfold one by one. I can smell it already. Isaiah 62: 3-4 says “You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD’s hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God. No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate”. This reminds me that I am a precious jewel of God, thus I encourage you (who is reading this) to see yourself as “a royal diadem in the hand of God”.

P.S If you are reading this and is feeling like God is telling you to pray for me, here is my prayer request: Pray that I learn to cope with some of the things that will require me to get out of my comfort zone and those which will challenge me.


No comments:

Post a Comment