2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, October 27, 2014

God PROs LIFE!

Last Wednesday, I had a chance to visit "Heartbeat International", a pro-life non-profit organization with other ISEEDers. I appreciate that IFI exposes us to other ministry and helps us see God's wonderful work. It was an unexpected experience for me and struck me personally. 

For those who don't know about this organization just like I did, its mission is to reach and rescue as many lives as possible, around the world, through an effective network of pregnancy help ministries that renew their communities for life. I didn't have any knowledge regarding the topic of abortion except knowing some people around me who had that experience. 



Isn't it a good reminder that every one of us are so precious in God's eye? He looked at His creation with a big smile and thought it's good. He loves even the unborn baby in the mom's womb. However, because of the fallen world and our sin nature, we lots of times make wrong decisions that upset and irritate God. One of those decisions is abortion. 

We watched the video together about a young lady's decision to abort her child because of broken marriage. Something happened and stopped her drink the herbal stuff that would kill the baby. It turned out that the baby became the laster well-known pianist Beethoven. 

The idea is not that people are killing the talented. It is rather that everybody has intrinsic value. Everyone is God's masterpiece. God's work is to transform every single human being into the image of Jesus. 

My application is that I will treat everybody equally with respect regardless of their status through God's help and conviction. Secondly, like Ellen said, do what God does. 
He protects and values life so we do. He loves people so we do. 

The whole workshop reminded me of my friend who told me about her abortion. I want to pray for her to know Christ and that she will not be ashamed but have the faith that she will be a new creation in Christ. 



No comments:

Post a Comment