2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Friday, August 9, 2013

1 X 1 =1000?? A Multiplying Discipleship: LIES

"God,
Thank you for using many people to teach me and help me grow in my relationship with you....

WAIT, you want to use me to influence others?? Why? Isn't this sort of work for the Billy Grahams and David Platts in this world? What can I possibly do? I'm not ready and, honestly, who would want to learn from someone who has no experience?"

The Lies
     Although I didn't say these words specifically or out loud, it was really what I thought. At the beginning of my decision to follow Jesus I wanted to learn everything about him. Thankfully, God provided his Word and teachers to answer my questions. I was comfortable in this position. It was how I grew up: sitting in the chair and listening to what the pastor taught, then, try to be a good person.
Who knew that I was still caught in Satan's lies even after my re-birth?

  1. Sharing about Jesus with other people is too hard. I am alone and don't have time.
  2. There are specific ways I'm supposed to teach about Jesus. Step 1: Finish reading the entire Bible.
  3. I need to be certified. Maybe a seminary certification or a superior title, like "Pastor".
  4. Only perfect people can teach others. I still have a lot of growing to do. I'm not a good example.
  5. I know God says, "Go and make disciples of many nations" But... etc....

What are the lies you know that aren't true but still believe?

Preview for next time...
(Hopefully I'll get to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment