2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Communication lessons from Paul


        Every time I take this kind of communication conference, I can't help but thinking of 1 Corinthians 1:4, "My message and my preaching were not with a wise and persuasive words but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."  This verse provoke me to ask myself "Do I really need to learn a communicative lesson to spread gospel? Isn't it enough to just let me talk through the spirit? These questions also, more often than not, lead me into a dilemma as a communication student who have to learn various persuasive theories. With those questions unresolved, I believe Paul probably had his own message strategy in approaching the public as we can learn his communicative pattern here. It would be better study about what Paul would use for his persuasiveness since he was a great person right next to Jesus.  

IMC lessons from Paul
     Lesson 1 
"Core message remains constant throughout the letter." For example, the followings are the core messages in his letter ; The Lordship of Christ,  Death and resurrection of Jesus,  Justification through faith, and  A call to living a transformed life by the highest standards

Lesson 2 
"Paul's content was based on what he wanted for the recipients, not what he wanted from them." It is always important to think what we can do in return for our supporters kindness.

            The speaker of the conference also emphasize on evaluating your core messages in your communication. He said "Ruthlessly evaluate the communications as a whole according to the four Cs of IMC; coherence, consistency, continuity and complementary" 



No comments:

Post a Comment