2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, January 6, 2014

The Value of the Seed

During the second week in December, the interns visited Heartbeat International, a non-profit organization whose mission is to Reach and Rescue as many lives as possible, around the world, through an effective network of pregnancy help ministries that Renew their communities for life.



Here's the amazing reflection of one of the interns:

Visiting to ‘Heart beat’ totally changed my thought about abortion. I used to support abortion because I thought that it is better for both mom and her baby to avoid all the difficulties which they will face to in unsupportive situation before her baby is born. Even when I watched the TV show which talks about teenager’s mom and her struggling life to support her baby alone, I did not think her choice was good to her and her baby. 

However, after I visited to ‘Heart beat’, I realized that my opinion of abortion came from self-centered and denying God’s control. I memorized a lot the verse of Luke 9:23; ‘whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.’ God helped me to find myself who still try to control my life through this visiting. I and all of us don’t know whom this baby becomes in the future like the video. 

Let me tell my story here, I was grown up with the dysfunctional family and that family background all the time bothered me. I used to complain a lot to God that why God put me in this family not in happy family. In order to hide my unhappy family situation, I tried to study hard in school and I felt happy when I got higher grade than friends who seemed to have good family background. 

Whenever I feel depressed with the idea that I would live like my parents in the future, I am encouraged by reminding of the verse 2 Corinthians 5:17; ‘if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come; The old has gone, the new is here.’ And that is really true because that hurting memory becomes the precious resource for me to comfort and more understand friends and kids who are now sad with their family situation. 

God keeps transforming me and my life and now I believe that God will transform my parents and my family. From now on, I also trust God’s plan on the babies who are born with unsupportive family like He has done for me. I really thank God for giving me an opportunity to visit to ‘Heart beat’ and change my thought about abortion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment