2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, January 12, 2015

Living Christmas tree play


On 12/04/14, Grace Polaris Church hosted a Living Christmas Tree (LCT) play. Several of us attended and it was such a great and well put together play. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to get to connect with a student 1-1 in order to hopefully be able to disciple the student. The student I invited is not a believer yet but that was her second time to the play which she thoroughly enjoyed. Even though, it was her second time to attend, she was still fascinated by the “intricacy of the play” and was moved by the story of the prodigal son. On our way back, we spent quite a great bit talking about the play, what we liked and it was an opportunity for me to ask her if there was anything she did not understand. What intrigued me the most is that the student said she was “greatly reminded of how much God loves her” and so many times she sees herself as“ a prodigal daughter but God still loves her unconditionally”. I was touched by her honest comment and I asked her if she had heard and/or read the story of the prodigal son and her reply was “I am actually studying the book of Luke and I just read Luke 15 not too long ago”. Turns out the student “tries to read her bible on a daily basis because she find comfort in the word of God” she added. I shared with her my personal story which she found encouraging and I am hoping to have more opportunities to meet & connect with this student.

Last but not least, I was also personally reminded of God’s unconditional love to all HIS children. I do not have to perform to earn God’s love, He loves me as I am. I thought the cast did an incredible job. The last scene where everyone was dressed in white painted a picture of heaven when we will be with Jesus singing, dancing and praising His name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment