2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Sunday, April 3, 2016

What is My Comfort Zone

As we are preparing for the IFI Banquet, I am very excited that a couple from our table introduced another young couple to us that are interested in joining our table. This is their first time connecting with IFI, also the starting of the taste of international ministry! Even though I have been surrounded and working with international missionaries for four years, I am still very encouraged by their excitement of stepping out of their comfort zone and start serving international students.

I have never though too much how difficult and challenge it can be for people to minister to others from other cultures and backgrounds, but as I am having more conversations with our friendly volunteers, I understand more of their concerns and fears, language, culture, traditions, etc. So how many of us are brave enough to step out of our comfort zone for the gospel? I always feel more comfortable when I am talking and sharing the gospel with people from my culture, but when I see people from other nations, I do not have the sense of  "oh, this might be a lost soul, I need to share the gospel with him/her.", am I seeing people from the heavenly view or my narrow earthly view? As sometimes we as international students are asked to share testimonies with American volunteers to encourage them, I think I also need to pray and think more about myself's comfort zone, and start stepping out of it to see people as one nation and share the gospel as Paul did.

No comments:

Post a Comment