2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

What to post for blog post?

As an IFI intern, I am supposed to make a blog post every month about my relationship with the Lord. But since it’s a blog post-everyone could come read it-I was overly concerned with the quality of the post. I was overwhelmed by the efforts to come up with the most engaging story, perfect writing and grammar, and beautiful photos to company the story.  In my heart and mind, the blog post has become not so much a reflection and memoir of God’s blessings as a personal showcase of spiritual growth. For more than 15 days-the blog post was due on Nov 1st-I have been procrastinating on making the blog post with the excuse that I have not had anything “good” enough to write about. God gave me many blessing and intimate moments last month, but surely, none of these Godly experiences was “good” enough to satiate an inflated ego posting to prove himself to others. 

               A Christian musician Matt Redman has a song called The Heart of Worship,in which he sings that “For a song in itself is not what You have required. I'm coming back to the heart of worship. And it's all about You. It's all about You, Jesus.” Identically, a blog post is not what Jesus has required, and when I write, my writings should be all about Jesus. Lord, I confess I didn’t treat your blessings seriously enough and had thoughts about using the blog post to impress others with our relationship. Would you forgive me and humble me to write blog posts out of thanksgiving and awe of your goodness? 

               A verse from Psalm 84 recently sticks in my mind: “Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Yes, Lord, your presence is more fulfilling than anything else. It’s all about you. Please ingrain this in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment