2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, December 5, 2016

What is your world view?



What is your world view?

During the month on November we had the privilege to have a special teacher in our Iseeders course, Ellen Foell , who taught us one of the best classes I have attended so far. The topic was “World view”. “What is a world view?” you may ask. It is the filter throughout we look at the world around us, the sum of our values and beliefs. A world view cannot be kept, as it impacts the way we respond to the events, people and situations in our life.




When I accepted God in my life and decided to follow Him, I choose to put on a new pair of glasses, in order to see things through a new prospective. I accepted the fact that we live in a fallen world. The reason why you want to turn off the tv every time it’s on, is because people decided to turn their back to God. But together with the awareness of sin I also embraced a filter of grace and love:
 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16).
So, I started thinking about my world view and questioning if when people look at me they could see what I believe. Is my faith in Jesus clear in my actions? Are my words filled with compassion and truth? How do I react when people go too slowly when I am in a hurry or cut my road on the highway?
The Bible gives us the example of four men who kept faith to their world views and honored God even when the situation was hard and their own existence was threatened. They are Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. Their world view was based on the Law of Moses, which prescribed to eat only certain foods and to worship only Jehovah. This led them to say no to the culinary delicacies of the court of Nebuchadnezzar and not to fall down and worship the statue of the king. They were ready to make sacrifices in order to defend what they believed in, despite the circumstances.
Are my choices showing who I believe in? What am I watching, saying, thinking? Am I ready to give up things that are not healthy in my life?
As the Apostol Paul says “But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ” (Phil. 3:7,8).

No comments:

Post a Comment