2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Come and Rest

It's the holiday season again. And it's hard to believe that 2016 is soon coming to an end.

Lights, Christmas trees, and the classic songs, everything is filled with the festive atmosphere.

Since being away from home for college, holidays have never been too exciting for me. It meant cold weather, long hours of studying for finals, figuring out alternative plans since the dorms were closed, and not being with my family when everyone else seemed to be.

But this year is different. Being a part of IFI, I'm excited to see how God would use this season to open doors for reaching more students. I know this would bring perfect opportunities, to share the joy and gratitude we experience in Christ as believers.

Thanksgiving involved a lot of big meals, social gatherings and building new friendships. It was fun, but also exhausting. And quite honestly, 4 months into moving to Columbus, I didn't expect myself to be in a stage where relationships with people seem to be just forming, and opportunities for me to share the gospel with unbelievers in a natural way somehow feel limited. It just seems like the more I'm trying to do, the more there is waiting to be done.

Why am I not doing enough? I remember questioning God over and over again. And is there even much meaning to the things I'm trying to do here?

And in response, He reminded that it's His work to be done, that I need to trust in Him with patience, that even when I don't see it, He's still at work.

"Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
Is to just breathe"
--- Breathe, Jonny Diaz

Sometimes we are too caught up in the busyness of our own world that we forget to look up to Him. We forget that in the world of endless demands, He's always opening His arms for us to rest at His feet. After all, it's never about what we do, but what Christ has done for us. When He died for us on the cross, His blood has covered all our sins, from the ancient days, and the days to come.

I'm still excited to uncover the rest of my journey here in Columbus and beyond. But the next time before I ask myself, what could I do, I will remember to ask God, what would you do through me.

I'm thankful He has a plan more amazing than mine. But I'm more thankful that He has me as part of it.














No comments:

Post a Comment