2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Monday, March 27, 2017

Reward for sharing the gospel



In Rich’s Evangelism class, we discussed about the challenges that we meet when sharing the gospel. There are many reasons that hinder us from sharing the gospel to others. Maybe we are afraid what others may react. It also possible that we are busy and do not have a heart or a plan to share the gospel. We may also feel inadequacy when sharing the gospel.  Among all the four reasons, the most common one is fear.  We are afraid that people may judge us, reject us, hurt us or even kill us. Then Rich asked do you think you can do it if I give 10,000 each time after you share the gospel? Most of us said yes.

My personal answer is also yes. To be more correct, my answer is ‘absolutely’.  Then right away, I was stricken by my answer. I am smashed by my thoughts behind this. What is my motivation in doing things? If sharing the gospel makes me afraid and getting 10,000 reward covers the fear, does that mean getting a financial reward is more important than sharing the gospel? What is my purpose in sharing the gospel then? Isn’t that joining God’s joy for one’s salvation a lot bigger than anything? By giving that answer, am I saying that God is not giving enough rewards every day? He paid a heavy price to buy me back, even though I got it for free. He is also fulfilling my needs every day.  He gives me a healthy body, a loving family, a bunch of good friends, a good volunteer opportunity, etc.. Am I really counting his mercy and grace every day? Am I allowing the Holy Spirit to renew me every day? I guess not.
 

I really hope by prayer I can renew myself every day and serve God with gratitude. I hope one day in his kingdom I can be called a good and faithful servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment