2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Friday, March 31, 2017

Declare the gospel fearlessly

In the class we had with Rich recently, we read the two following verses: "Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."-- Ephesians 6:19-20.    

Rich then challenged us with the question of how often we pray the same prayer, asking God to help us fearlessly share the gospel. In the classroom, at the same time I felt convicted to pray the same prayer, I realized how long I had not prayed that prayer. 

This year, at the end of our Friday Bible study small group, we take turns to share our prayer requests, many of which are about personal needs, with prayers for upcoming exams being the most common ones. And then on Saturday, the Chinese fellowship group I am in has a strong emphasis on healing prayers. While I have been learning God's love and mercy in meeting our basic needs and how we should bring forward such pleas with faith, I somehow have started to pray less and less for my boldness in sharing the gospel. In the past, I usually only prayed for character development, to be passionate for the gospel and to bear fruits of the Spirit. I did not often pray for vocational or physical needs, unless faced with a major life decision or afflicted with severe diseases. 

Rich's class reminded me to pray for a fearless heart for the gospel, in addition to trusting God with our basic daily needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment