2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Sunday, February 5, 2017

To be a cross-cultural servant



I am now reading Cross-Cultural Servanthood, and I got to know an awesome way to equip me to be a better cross-cultural servant, that is start with the end and work toward the beginning. In order to serve people, we need to understand them. To understand them, we need to learn more about their culture. To learn from them, we need to build trust with them. To build trust, accept them. To accept them, show openness. It is so awesome to have the end in mind and gradually find what I need to connect people from other culture. It helps me to evaluate what steps I am in regarding my journeys of becoming a servant to many of my international friends and know what I should do next.



This book also teaches me throughout the process of connecting people, I should always show more respect to people and accept them as the way they are. I am not supposed to work on those people to become perfect in my eye, but to work together with them to find God and God will take the responsibility to change this person from inside out.

It touched me a lot when a missionary’s son was spitted on, yet the missionary calmed her son and finally got to know that it is a way to bless people in that area. It needs a lot of trust not to simply ask why when in their own culture they are miss-treated. May God also give me this kind of humbleness and trust when I am put into similar scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment