2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Friday, February 3, 2017

The multiplication of dumplings and tea eggs

The multiplication of dumplings and tea eggs

Has it ever happened to you to pray with all your strength for something and remain amazed when you receive what you have asked for? That’s exactly what happened to me last week during the Lunar New Year organized by IFI. As the Event Coordinator, I had the blessing to coordinate several areas and to work with great volunteers who took charge to lead various tasks. I started reviewing last year notes and prepare for this event almost three months ago. I really wanted it to be a success and put all my efforts to manage every detail. In this way, things were ready to go one week before the party and only small things needed to be done in the last day. But (there is always a but!) contingencies are always behind your door! So, on Friday, the number of students registered increased more and more and the quantity of food available remained almost the same. “What will I do?” I asked my husband that morning “I have already done everything possible”. “Then we will trust God to do the impossible” he said. Whit that promise in my heart, I went to the office confident that the party was in God's hands, that the reason behind it was to give Him glory and to make Him know among the Nations.
Then, a text arrived: "I won't be able to join the Lunar New Year tonight. My brother is in the ER and I need to run to him". The key volunteer in charge of food couldn't make it for very serious personal reasons. 
So many bed and unpredictable things were happening and there I realized that God had something great in store for us that night but that the Devil wanted to mess things up and take away my joy with stress. I immediately stopped and prayed with Heran, another ISEEDer, and we asked God to take full control of our emotions and show us miracles. We prayed again at the Agriculture Building, with the kitchen team. The food was not enough, so we asked for the Lord to multiply the food and to bring those who were sincerelly searching for Him.
At the beginning of the event I asked the servers to serve small portions, in order to give some food to everyone. Then, after everyone was served, there was still food, so we called for the tables again, and again a third time! At the end, not only everybody was full, but there was plenty to take home!! We filled more than 20 ziplock bags with dumplings, tea eggs, and noodles!
Does it remind you of any story?? The same power that multiplied five loaves of bread and two fish is effective today! God is still Jehovah Jared, the God who provides, and not only He provides but He does it in a very abundant way!

A volunteer serving at the IFI Lunar New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment