2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Friday, April 28, 2017

The honor of serving with IFI



I feel very blessed to work with IFI. The opportunity to work for the Lord and the assurance to make a difference in this world fills my heart with joy. I am surrounded by people who love the Lord, people I can follow and imitate as they follow and imitate Christ. One of the most important things I learned during the ISEED formation was to always start with the end in mind and working with events it is crucial to know what it the goal and the expectation.
Then, what is my object? Why do I coordinate events for international students? “For God so loved the world” says John 3:16. The ultimate point is to share this love, the good news that the god that students feel distant or not existing is truly the creator of the universe, the One who cares for them so much and who made a way to have a relationship with us.
I might not be able to talk to students and interact with them because I will be busy making sure that everything runs smoothly, but my job is to provide volunteers an environment where they can connect with students, and where students can feel safe and loved. My desire is that each activity can be the beginning of a life changing experience.
In the past few months, I have heard multiple testimonies of students learning about IFI during one of our events (the Hocking Hills trip, a conference over Christmas, etc.) and my heart was filled with joy! It is a victory when even just one person is impacted with the Gospel! Jesus power is so great that He makes everything new and can bring light even in the darkest places. If those internationals hear the good news and share it both here in the US with their friends and back at home, the change will be radical and the great commission accomplished one person at the time!
Did you know that one on one discipleship is the best way to reach the world? Numbers say that the growth is slow at the beginning, but that the investment is worth in the long run, as the multiplication is exponential (“Discipleship by design” by Harvey Herman, Jr.).
I thank God for the honor of serving Him through IFI. It makes me feel like I belong to something bigger and that the time I spend is well invested.
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment