2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A prayer for healing

I recently had the opportunity to go on Columbus State Community College and engage with students in spiritual conversations through a piece of art work portraying biblical stories that represent the daily conflicts people go through in their lives. 

I was amazed by how quickly people responded, with such honesty and openness. Our board was quickly filled with people's response cards - the feeling of uncertainty of future, loss of close friends and family members, struggles with depression. 

It breaks my heart. 

How many people are hurting inside each day? These hurts might be buried deeply in their hearts. They are buried under busyness of school work, life, social activities. They are hidden behind laughter and smiles. 

We just don't always see it.

The thing is, every time I got to talk with someone, I was so excited to share the truth with them - how Jesus extended His arms reached out to the poor, the lost, and the lonely; how He approached the Samaritan woman; how He healed the man with leprosy. I saw so much of His love for each person that's hurting that I forgot mine. And I so wanted to tell them that there's someone who's waiting to carry all their burdens, including mine.

I wish this is something I could be doing every day. It's ironic sometimes how much easier it is to share the truth with someone else than to ourselves. But by repeating the truth, I'm reminding myself each time of the same promises He had for me. Something that has never changed but somehow I keep forgetting about. 

Is this how Jesus felt when He was on the cross? Seeing all the love His father had for His people, even though He was hurting in such pain that's beyond our imagination?

My prayer is for more healing on college campuses, more students to be touched by His spirit, especially through the hard times. I pray that He will use my hurts to reach out to others who are hurting. Oh Lord, may you break my heart for what breaks yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;
2 Corinthians 4:8
















No comments:

Post a Comment