2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Why Evangelism?

Last month, Rich gave us a series of class about evangelism. During one of his classes, he asked us if we would like to go outside the office and share gospels with people in the street. I had an answer in my mind at that time. I would not go definitely, since I feel it is awkward to talk about gospel with strangers. Then he asked us"if you go outside and talk with the stranger about God, you will get $10,000 reward, how many  of you would go?" To be honest, with such a payment, I would go outside and talk with strangers immediately. The payment is a powerful motivation. Then I realize my motivation is not God.
I have been enjoying my privileges as being God' child for a long time. I always talk with God and ask for his bless. God is loving me all the time. I feel it is so good to be in God's kingdom. Through God, my life is becoming better and better. I spend lots time thinking about how I can "get" more from God. I eager to grow by reading bible and staying with other Christians. I always want other mature christians to help me grow. I rarely think about share all the good things to other people, especially non-believers.
One day, one of my christian friends ask me" Cindy, when you know a good tv show, a good food, a good place, or any good things, will you share with your friend?" I said"yes, of course, I always share good things with my friends". I thought she was doubting how I treat my friend. So I even gave her some examples of my sharing with friends recently. Then she said"well, so how do you think God's words compared to those good things you shared with your friend? which one do you think is better?" Then I realized what she was really trying to say.
Recently, I am thinking a lot about evangelism. I feel I am so selfish. So I pray that I can be obedient to God's command and become a fruit-bearing disciple. Jesus expects his followers to let people in on the meaning of his life, death, and resurrection. Before he ascended to heaven, Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19). When we share the gospel, we are obeying Jesus’ command and joining the Great Commission he entrusted to us (John 20:19-21)
I realize when we proclaim the good news, we grow as Christ’s disciples. Through evangelism we can strengthen our faith and transform our thinking. Last month,I went to the ESL class in the library again. It is a good place to find international non-believers. I talked with a girl who relocated to Columbus. She is from China, and she is a non-believer. She would like to know more people. So I invited her to our wives group. After inviting her, I felt very joyful, I hope her new journey can begin from wives group.

No comments:

Post a Comment