2017 Spring ISEED

2017 Spring ISEED
Training class at the IFI Office

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Follow His Master Plan

This month, we are reading a book called The Master Plan of Evangelism. This book talked about the plans that Jesus used in His ministry and His way of teaching the disciples. The book outlined eight most important aspects observed in the ministry of the Master- selection, association, consecration, impartation, demonstration, delegation, supervision and reproduction.  In the the first step which is selection, what stood out to me the most and spoke to me is the strategy of "concentrated on a few".


In Jesus' ministry, he only chose 12 people to start with even though His ultimate goal is to transform the world. One may think that 12 people is far from enough to be able to achieve that ultimate goal of Jesus', the wisdom lies in it. By keeping the group small, Jesus was able to work effectively with them and teach them by demonstration what He wanted them to learn, so that one day, they will be fully equipped and prepared to step on to the journey of evangelism. 

Throughout the ministry, even though more and more people started to follow Jesus, He still kept His focus on these people. Even among those 12 disciples, some are enjoying closer relationships with Jesus than others.  

This made me think of the importance of focusing on a few people and pouring into their lives as much as I could instead of trying to meet as many people and possible. I think God has different things prepared for different people in missions and the ways He wanted them to take are also different. I believe what God is calling me to do is to pour into the lives of a few people that may be already in my life and people that I am about to encounter in the days to come. 

During the ISEED program, I've also learnt how importance it is to ask God to lead us to people with peace and are ready to receive the gospel. This would open us new doors for evangelism conversations and allows us to share the gospel better and more effectively. 

As I get closer and closer to the end of the ISEED program, I can see a clearer picture that God revealed to me of what He wants me to do in the future. I feel him calling me to move to another city. I feel confident that He will lead me to people of peace that He wants me to pour my life into. 

Seeing God's master plan of evangelism and the plan He has for me laying out, I've never felt this confident in being able to be a royal servant to God to carry out His good purposes. I also feel the urge of moving on to the next chapter of my life and to experience the good things that He has in store for me. 





     

No comments:

Post a Comment